TGIF!! It’s Friday so you know what that means… treat day 🙂
Today I’m going to tell you how to make the perfect snack for “Fat Friday”- Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins with a sneaky addition of chocolate chips. This treat is inspired by a recipe I got off Crumb Kitchen (https://crumbkitchen.com/greek-yogurt-banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/) with a few modifications based on the ingredients I had on hand. This recipe yields approximately 12-14 moist and delicious muffins that are perfect for breakfast on-the-go. The addition of Greek yogurt gives this snack an extra protein-kick while helping it maintain a slightly healthier status compared to your regular ol’ muffin. The muffins can be kept in an airtight container for about a week or you can freeze them and re-heat when needed.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 and 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of golden yellow sugar
- 1 and 1/2 large or 2 medium overripe bananas*
- 1 cup Plain Liberté Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla**
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper cups, or like me, place reusable plastic ones on a baking sheet. Lightly coat the cups with a spray of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl you’ll want to combine your dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together your softened butter and two sugars. Add in the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs (beaten separately), and vanilla**
- Fold in the dry ingredient mixture and chocolate chips, taking care not to overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup up 3/4ths of the way with the batter. As you can see below I slightly overfilled! Make sure to add a few extra chocolate chips on top if you have a major sweet tooth like me!
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until muffin tops are golden brown or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before you do a taste test 😉 Enjoy!!
Let me know if you end up making them!
-Love, Robyn xx aka. the muffin (wo)man
*Tip: If your bananas aren’t ripe enough, try stabbing them with a fork a couple times and heating them up in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time
**I didn’t end up adding the vanilla because I used the Liberté Greek Yogurt I had on hand which was vanilla flavour